top of page
  • Writer's pictureMorgan Beall

MOLD? Know Your Rights!

Frequently Asked Question: Do have to use the contractors and inspectors my homeowners insurance agent or insurance company tells me to use? You should know your rights in the State of Florida by the following link.

Understand you have a choice and in the case of Mold Assessments, Remediation and general contracting you must have a license in the State of Florida. Specifically CEA does have a mold assessors license. Any suggested remediation protocols or inspection reports for mold or related damage must be conducted by a properly licensed inspector. To often homeowners are not covered fully by their policy because a unlicensed independent out of state insurance adjuster is used by the larger insurance company. The best way to avoid this issue or conflict of interest is to hire an independent assessor to document and provide a detailed report on findings and remediation recommendations.

17 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page